Other case studies
- Eyelid Surgery Before And After Photos
- Eyelid Surgery Before & After Photos (1)
- Eyelid Surgery Before & After Photos (2)
- Eyelid Surgery Before & After Photos (3)
- Female Blepharoplasty Case Study
- Eyelid Surgery Before & After Photos (5)
- Eyelid Surgery Before & After Photos (6)
- Eyelid Surgery Before & After Photos (8)
- The Blepharoplasty For Men Case Study
- Eyelid Surgery Before & After Photos (10)
- Eyelid Surgery Before & After Photos (11)
- Eyelid Surgery Before & After Photos (12)
- Eyelid Surgery In Women Case Study
- Eyelid Surgery Before & After Photos (16)
- With Makeup Before & After Photos (2)
- Laser Blepharoplasty Surgery Before & After Photos (case- 3-2)
- Eyelid Surgery & Facelift Study
- Eyelid Surgery Before & After Photos (13)
- Eyelid Surgery Before & After Photos (15)
- Eyelid Surgery Before And After Photos (17)
- Eyelid Surgery Before & After Photos (18)
- Eyelid Surgery Before & After Photos (19)
- Eyelid Surgery Before And After Photos (20)
- Eyelid Surgery Before And After Photos (22)
- Eyelid Surgery Before And After photos (23)
- Eyelid Surgery Before And After Photos (7)
‘Double Lid’ Eyelid Procedure Before and After Photos with Makeup
It is quite common in Asian cultures for women to want a ‘double lid’, as generally speaking Asians do not tend to have much of an open plane between their upper eyelash line and eye crease. There are non-surgical techniques to obtain this look and this can be achieved through creativity with makeup, whereby makeup is used to create the illusion of a double lid, or by using a specialised sticking tape to the upper eyelid to tape a double lid into position.
Why Do Patients Choose Surgery as a Permanent Fix?
Both makeup and sticking tape are cheaper solutions than surgery and obviously have less risk of complication; however, they are not a long-term solution and require special attention daily.
Dr Lanzer can create a double lid look by performing an upper blepharoplasty. In this instance, he will mark the excess skin with a special surgical marker; this to establish a pattern that suits the patient best. It is very important not to take too much skin from the area, otherwise it will not close properly. Dr Lanzer has performed thousands of procedures, which has given him the experience to gauge this very precisely. Thus far, he has never experienced a complication where the patient could no longer close the eye.
Can the Procedure Be Executed for Medical Reasons?
Performing this procedure on a patient with Asian roots, whereby their upper eyelashes do not have skin hanging on to them, is purely for cosmetic purposes. However, performing this procedure on a patient who has skin hanging on to their upper lash line, disturbing their vision, may be considered a medical procedure and therefore the patient would be able to claim from Medicare and their private health fund. Each private health fund varies, so it is best for you to phone up your health insurance and check for yourself.
Is This Procedure Suitable for Eyelid Problems?
To determine if a blepharoplasty is the right treatment for your eyelid problem, it is advised to make an appointment with Dr Daniel Lanzer at one of his clinics. New patients can benefit from a free appointment, during which Dr Lanzer can discuss the treatment with you.
Before you can be eligible for the procedure, Dr Lanzer needs to determine if the problem you have with your eyelids could be fixed with a blepharoplasty. The patient must also be in good overall health, since this is a surgical procedure that requires some degree of recovery.
For more detailed information about the blepharoplasty, we kindly refer patients to the information page on the website. Do you wish to speak to Dr Daniel Lanzer directly? Please make an appointment with our friendly receptionists via email, instant messaging, telephone, or the website contact form.
We are NOW online
Get Free Advice Rapidly
Surgical Warning: Every form of surgery has a possibility of a complication and these are given to you in detail by Dr Lanzer. It is a good idea to understand your surgical procedure well, and to obtain further advice from another Specialist Cosmetic surgeon such as a Dermatologist like Dr Lanzer.
All photographs represent one person's experience, and results may vary for each patient. All photographs are of actual patients of Dr Lanzer. The visible change in these photographs has occurred as a result of the procedure/s undertaken.
Some before and after photos shown are not exact, in that they vary in light, contrast, clothing, background, distance from camera, hairstyle and make-up.