Other case studies
- Eyelid Surgery Before And After Photos
- Eyelid Surgery Before & After Photos (1)
- Eyelid Surgery Before & After Photos (2)
- Eyelid Surgery Before & After Photos (3)
- Female Blepharoplasty Case Study
- Eyelid Surgery Before & After Photos (5)
- Eyelid Surgery Before & After Photos (6)
- Eyelid Surgery Before & After Photos (8)
- The Blepharoplasty For Men Case Study
- Eyelid Surgery Before & After Photos (10)
- Eyelid Surgery Before & After Photos (11)
- Eyelid Surgery Before & After Photos (12)
- Eyelid Surgery In Women Case Study
- Eyelid Surgery Before & After Photos (14)
- Eyelid Surgery Before & After Photos (16)
- With Makeup Before & After Photos (2)
- Laser Blepharoplasty Surgery Before & After Photos (case- 3-2)
- Eyelid Surgery & Facelift Study
- Eyelid Surgery Before & After Photos (13)
- Eyelid Surgery Before & After Photos (15)
- Eyelid Surgery Before And After Photos (17)
- Eyelid Surgery Before & After Photos (18)
- Eyelid Surgery Before And After Photos (20)
- Eyelid Surgery Before And After Photos (21)
- Eyelid Surgery Before And After Photos (22)
- Eyelid Surgery Before And After photos (23)
The Blepharoplasty And Its Benefits
A blepharoplasty is a procedure aimed at removing excess skin and fat around the eyes. By doing this, the patient can obtain a more rejuvenated appearance, but also appear more alert and less tired.
Curious about the benefits of a blepharoplasty? Be sure to read our overview of benefits below!
Why Do Patients Obtain A Blepharoplasty?
Most patients obtain a blepharoplasty because of excess fat and skin around the eyes. As explained earlier; this can make the eyes appear more tired or generally older. While there can be other reasons why patients obtain this procedure aside from the natural ageing process, problems such as hooded eyes are often the most common.
Why Can A Blepharoplasty Be Beneficial For Wearing Makeup?
It is very common for me to see patients who have difficulty wearing makeup when they have the ageing changes around the eyes. The before-and-after photograph above are taken of a lady who has had upper eyelid CO2 laser blepharoplasty. For many years, she could not wear eyeliner, and even mascara was difficult to apply. The skin on the upper eyelid was pushing the eyelashes forward and there was no upper eyelid skin visible for the application of makeup. When she had her forehead wrinkles treated with muscle relaxants, this made things worse by causing the brows to droop lower. The problem continued for many years until she finally decided to have the laser treatment. The post-operative photographs were obtained only four weeks after surgery.
One can see the upper eyelid that now has eye shadow and the eyelashes which have mascara. Makeup can enhance the effects of cosmetic surgery. I already noticed this many years ago when it came to laser resurfacing. Wrinkles cannot be covered with makeup. Often, dark brown spots cannot be covered. Pores and moles also cannot be hidden with makeup. Once the skin has had a laser resurfacing, it takes on a smoother refreshed appearance. The skin will be cleaner and more even in texture. However, there may be some redness, and some protection is important. This is where makeup really has its role. It covers the bit of the redness. It protects the skin from further sun damage. Most of all, makeup on freshly lasered skin looks really nice and enhances the result.
I’ve always encouraged makeup and often recommend a mineral-based makeup to avoid plugging of the pores. Eyelid surgery is probably one of the most common procedures amongst the Hollywood stars. If one has a close look at the actresses eyes, it is clear that there are many different types of youthful and beautiful eyes. Some have heavy brows. Others have light brows with high curved arched brows and upper skin. The eyes need to fit with the rest of the face and that is what makes the beautiful appearance. Another common condition that I see on upper eyelids is xanthelasma. This is a collection of fat that causes white staining on the upper eyelids. A procedure such as laser resurfacing can also improve this.
We are NOW online
Get Free Advice Rapidly
Surgical Warning: Every form of surgery has a possibility of a complication and these are given to you in detail by Dr Lanzer. It is a good idea to understand your surgical procedure well, and to obtain further advice from another Specialist Cosmetic surgeon such as a Dermatologist like Dr Lanzer.
All photographs represent one person's experience, and results may vary for each patient. All photographs are of actual patients of Dr Lanzer. The visible change in these photographs has occurred as a result of the procedure/s undertaken.
Some before and after photos shown are not exact, in that they vary in light, contrast, clothing, background, distance from camera, hairstyle and make-up.