Liposuction For Men – A Closer Look
Liposuction For Men – A Closer Look
Types of Liposuction For Men
Tumescent Liposuction is a surgical procedure that enables removal of excess fatty tissue from areas such as the abdomen, hips, buttocks, thighs, knees, back, ankles, arms, chin, lower cheeks and neck. The classic reason for liposuction is to remove stubborn areas of fat that are resistant to weight loss. Men and women may also choose liposuction to reduce breast size, a procedure suited to breast reduction. Liposuction can be performed consecutively on many different areas of the body in the one surgery.
There are several types of liposuction procedures available – all of which use an instrument called a cannula to remove unwanted fat. Dr Lanzer also uses Vaser Liposuction with liposculpture. This is a third generation ultrasound that helps soften the fat and tighten the skin.
Tumescent Liposuction has undoubtedly been the most revolutionary and innovative procedure in the field of Cosmetic Surgery in the last ten years. Its primary effect is to allow the surgeon to remodel any part of the body, such as chubby flanks, bulging stomachs, voluminous lower backs and thighs.
• Liposculpture– helps to reshape the flowing silhouette in a female and relies on an artistic flair and experience of the surgeon.
• Liposuction– in certain areas. Maximum fat removal is often required on areas such as the hips waist and stomach.
• Mega Liposuction– to help with patient’s who are overweight. Fat removal of up to 10 litres can be removed in 2 procedures.
• Female Breast Reduction– Dr Lanzer is a world pioneer in reducing the size and weight of heavy female breasts by liposuction alone.
• Hi Def Liposuction– Dr Lanzer was the first Australian surgeon to train in this method. This is used to create athletic grooves in the stomach area to highlight the muscles.
• Male Breast Reduction – Liposuction (fat removal) and occasionally combined with incision surgery is very effective in flattening the feminine looking chest in men’.
• Face rejuvenation– liposuction of the neck and joules is carried out to produce long lasting face rejuvenation in the appearance of the face.
• Fat Transfer – through the method of liposuction assists with female breast enlargement, full face rejuvenation and fat rejuvenation of the hands.
Am I Right For Liposuction?
It’s important that any individual considering liposuction is realistic about their results. Dramatic results can certainly be achieved however they may not be as immediate or obvious as many people desire. As with any surgery, the success of liposuction depends on certain factors such as age, skin type, weight and overall, general health. Liposuction is not recommended for those individuals with a weakened immune system, heart or artery problems. Good candidates for liposuction include people who are of a normal weight or up to 20 kilos overweight. An ideal patient may have healthy, elastic skin and have specific areas they wish to treat – such as the tummy, thighs and buttocks that will not respond to changes in diet and exercise. Liposuction and liposculpture can be performed when the situation is not as ideal – as in older patients, even in there 70’s or patients who are overweight. In this situation the goal and end result is different. At the end of the day the only way to really know if you are a candidate is to have Dr Lanzer do a free no obligation assessment. Dr Lanzer has 20 years of experience and has performed over 20,000 cases.
Who can benefit from liposuction for men?
There is a hereditary predisposition to store fat in specific areas that tend to be stubborn and unresponsive to dieting and exercise. Women tend to accumulate fat around their hips, thighs, lower abdomen and neck. Men store excess fat around the flanks and abdomen. The procedure can be performed on patients who have localised areas of fat, such as on the areas mentioned or can be performed in multiple areas to aid in generalised weight and fat reduction. The latter is called full body liposuction. The most common areas for liposculpture are the outer thighs (‘saddle bags’), hips, buttocks, abdomen in females and lower abdomen, flanks and breasts in males. Using very fine cannula, liposuction can also remove fat from the neck and so called jowls. The ideal patient is not obese and has good skin elasticity. Interestingly, the skin retracts after liposuction so that larger and elderly patients can expect very good results also. Dr Lanzer has performed liposuction on men and women from the age of 18 to 80. Very occasionally teenagers need liposuction for heavy breasts or other medical needs.
Discover Liposuction For Women Advantages!
An increasingly large amount of patients now opt for Liposuction For Women. This procedure is ideal for those that don’t want a large quantity of fat to be removed, rather small areas for toning or contouring. If you’re looking to lose isolated areas of fat, get a free consultation with Dr Lanzer.
Why do liposuction for men?
• When fat has accumulated in “congenital” or resistant areas and fails to respond to diet, slimming exercises and weight loss
• When the fat is concentrated on the stomach, flanks, hips, buttocks, thighs, ankles, chin, cheeks and neck and is resistant
• When a kick start to a weight loss program is needed
• For love handles not responding to diet
• When the neck hangs or has lost its sharp angle
• When you want an athletic look to your stomach
• When you are overweight and need a kick start
• If large breasts are a concern in a male or if heavy and large breasts are a concern in a female.
Advantages of the Tumescent Method:
• Numbs the area so that the procedure does not necessarily require a general anesthetic and post- surgery discomfort is reduced.
• Seals the blood vessels so that there is little or no bleeding, resulting in less bruising. There is no need for intravenous ‘drips’ or blood transfusions.
• Softens the fat so that it comes out smoothly and evenly, allowing much greater amounts of fat to be removed safely.
• The fluid used is anti-bacterial, so that infection is less likely.
• Newer liposuction techniques have resulted in many more patients requesting this technique.
Liposculpture involves shaping and refining at the same time as suctioning fat out. It is particularly used when treating outer thighs and buttocks to produce the natural flow of the body silhouette. It takes years of experience to be able to understand exactly the amount of fat that should be removed and the surgical expertise involved in this procedure.
Firstly, Dr Daniel Lanzer will mark out the areas on your body to be suctioned. This allows for an accurate targeting of fat. Dr Lanzer will then photograph these marks for later reference. A patient can choose to be awake and just receive a pethidine injection or be asleep with the light general anaesthetic.
• Tumescent fluid consists of a combination of saline solution, Local Anaesthetic and adrenalin. The fluid is infiltrated into the areas being treated via small incisions around the marked area. The term “tumescent” actually refers to the “turgid” state of the tissues into which the solution has been infiltrated. This technique makes for much easier fat drainage, less or no blood loss, better anaesthesia during the procedure and afterwards, and fewer post-operative bruises. The excess fatty tissue is then removed. This is achieved by means of a cannula connected to a suction device (vacuum or large syringe), the cannula is introduced into the fat situated under the skin through the same small incisions (2-4 mm) made close to the target treatment area, it’s then pushed through the fat until it reaches the area in question. The cannula is then moved about so that the fat is broken up and suctioned.
Why choose a Dermatologist for your surgery?
Dermatology is an accredited speciality around the world; it involves many years of extra intense training after medicine. A large part of Dermatology involves studying skin cancer, skin cosmetic and skin therapies. Dermatologists developed many of the great breakthroughs in Cosmetic medicine and Cosmetic Surgery. For example Dermatologist Dr Klein invented Tumescent Liposuction.
Other Dermatologists have also invented Lasers for wrinkles, Lasers for removal of pigmentation /redness / tattoos, Muscle relaxants and the first anti ageing injection of collagen.
Dr Lanzer has trained overseas with his Dermatology Colleagues and has interacted with them for years. His detained training helps him assess the skin and its healing ability. Besides the extra years of Dermatology training, Dr Lanzer has now some 20 years of experience specifically in this area. In Australia any doctor without any registered training can start-up cosmetic surgery procedures such as liposuction.
Dr Lanzer has been chosen by his Dermatology Colleagues to be the Liposuction representative of the subcommittee of the surgical group of Dermatologists.
Possible Complications / Risks of Liposuction for men
Like any surgery, liposuction carries some risks. Infection is the most serious risk but is extremely rare due to the antiseptic tumescent fluid, pre-operative antibiotics and sterile techniques. Loose skin, temporary numbness and irregularities may occur.
The procedure is performed under a highly sterile environment in his Accredited Day Surgery Hospital.
Pre-operative antibiotics are given to each patient.
Dr Lanzer will start you on antibiotics before surgery as prevention. Dr Lanzer has not seen deep vein clots in his patients but it is a risk with all surgery and there have been not serious complications in his personal experience.
Swelling is common after liposuction. There will be swelling and bruising and some soreness and pain. Risks also include denting and loose skin. Liposuction does not treat stretch marks and may not necessarily help cellulite.
Weight gain after liposuction may mean the fat returns or comes in other places. It’s possible other surgery may be required after liposuction. It is important read the consent forms that are given.
Make sure your liposuction is only performed in a registered sterile theatre. Dr Lanzer’s Day Surgery Theatre is in Malvern and is fully accredited with the world standard ISO for safety and quality in healthcare. An enormous amount of effort and costs are involved to obtain this recognition.
Maintaining Your Body After Liposuction
Although liposuction removes a number of existing fat cells, it does not guarantee that you will not regain some fat to the area being treated. It’s crucial that you have a healthy lifestyle plan to maintain your results – include a moderate diet and be sure to exercise for at least 30 minutes three to five times each week. Not only will this help you maintain your figure after the liposuction surgery, it will also improve your overall health and help prevent the onset of certain diseases. Dr Lanzer offers a free consultation with an expert nutritionist and Dietician, Mark Surdut.
Dr Lanzer’s Cosmetic Day Hospital has been accredited for both his Operating Theatres and his Cosmetic Consulting and is ISO 9001 certified. This is an International recognised Safety and Standard of Excellence approval awarded to Dr Lanzer. “This involves the careful management of every aspect of service at every level within the organisation to deliver world class care.”
At Dr Daniel Lanzer’s Cosmetic Surgery Practice. Here, patient safety and satisfaction are our top priorities. We strive to form honest relationships with our patients, and we are always on hand to answer any questions or address any concerns. We provide personalised attention to everyone we see and work with each patient to develop an individualised treatment plan that suits your own needs.
Mega Liposuction: Mega Liposuction is now used as an aid in weight reduction where over ten litres of fat can be removed in a few sessions. This procedure, called Mega Liposuction, has best results if combined with a healthy diet and exercise program.
Dr Daniel Lanzer demonstrated these results on “Good Medicine” with Jennifer Keyte on Today Tonight, on The Body Specialists and in many cosmetic magazines.
Dr Lanzer has performed thousands of liposuction procedures and has been invited to speak in the USA on a few occasions about his experience and methods.
At Dr Lanzer’s Day Clinic, Mark Surdut is our dietician consultant, who can assist with dietary advice, weight loss and maintenance plans.
Liposuction may produce a dramatic and significant shape change, that will hopefully make the patient feel better about themselves and assist them with the necessary kick start in their weight loss regime.
All photographs represent one person’s experience, and results may vary for each patient. All photographs are of actual patients of Dr Lanzer. The visible change in these photographs has occurred as a result of the procedure/s undertaken. Best results are obtained when the procedure is combined with a balanced diet and exercise.
Some before and after photos shown are not exact, in that they vary in light, contrast, clothing, background, distance from camera, hairstyle and make-up.
We offer a FREE, No Obligation Cosmetic Surgery Consultation and a detailed explanation of the procedure.
Dr Lanzer can email all patients a detailed consent form which provides information related to the surgery. This information is made available to all patients before surgery, allowing enough time for the patient to ask any questions they may have.