Other case studies
- Liposuction Before and After Photos
- Female Liposuction Before And After Photos (1)
- Female Liposuction Before and After Photos (2)
- Female Liposuction Before & After Photos (4)
- Female Liposuction Before & After Photos (5)
- Liposuction For Women Before and After Photos (6)
- Female Liposuction Before & After Photos (7)
- Female Liposuction Before & After Photos (8)
- Female Liposuction Before and After Photos (9)
- Female Liposuction Before & After Photos (10)
- Female Liposuction Before & After Photos (11)
- Female Vaser Hi Def Liposculpture Before & After Photos (13)
- Female Vaser High Def Liposuction Before and After (14)
- Female Liposuction Before & After Photos (15)
- Female Liposuction Before & After Photos (16)
- Female Liposuction Before & After Photos (18)
- Female Liposuction Before & After Photos (19)
- Female Liposuction Before & After Photos (20)
- Female Liposuction Before & After Photos (21)
- Female Liposuction Before & After Photos (22)
- Female Liposuction Before & After Photos (23)
- Liposuction Before & After Photos (24)
- Female Liposuction Before And After Photos (25)
- Female Liposuction Before And After Photos (26)
- Female Liposuction Before And After Photos (27)
- Female Liposuction Before And After Photos (28)
- Hip Liposuction Before and After Photos (29)
Liposuction Under A Local Anaesthetic – Before And After Photographs
We offer some liposuction procedures to be done under a local anaesthetic. The beauty of performing liposuction under a local anaesthetic is that patients require less time to recover post-procedure.
General Anaesthetic procedures can sometimes make patients feel nauseous and dizzy, meaning that there is usually a few more days to recover.
Today, we take a closer look at liposuction with a local anaesthetic. If you wish to learn more about the procedure, please read the information provided by our team below.
On Which Areas Can Liposuction Be Done With A Local Anaesthetic?
Local anaesthetic liposuction procedures can be performed on any area of the body, but generally we will only do one or two areas. For example, combining neck and arm liposuction in one local anaesthetic procedure is quite acceptable.
Which Patients Should Consider A Local Anaesthetic?
Most patients will consider a local anaesthetic for their procedure, although it does depend on the scope and complexity of the treatment. Dr Lanzer will always discuss these aspects of your treatment before the procedure is executed.
We do warn patients that there is a degree of discomfort when having a local anaesthetic, which they need to consider. We will only recommend this for patients who have a good pain threshold. We do also have the option of administering medication to make the patient slightly more relaxed but inform them that they will be awake during the procedure and will hear, see and feel what is happening.
How Is Liposuction Executed Under Local Anaesthetic?
This procedure is done by making small nicks in the skin in the area where the liposuction is taking place. For example, to perform liposuction to the arms, two small nicks will be made to fill and suck from. Local anaesthetic fluid is administered through these nicks too; this is the uncomfortable part of the procedure; however, it is fairly short lived.
Once the fluid has been administered, we leave it to sit for at least an hour. This gives the Tumescent fluid enough time to make the area nice and numb and constrict the blood vessels which will minimise bleeding. The suctioning should not be too uncomfortable, because the local anaesthetic fluid makes the area numb.
We generally describe the suctioning as a strange massage feeling. Dr Lanzer and his nurses talk the patient through the procedure to make sure they are not feeling too much discomfort.
Should I Have Local Anaesthetic If I’m Extremely Anxious?
If the thought of being aware of the procedure is causing you anxiety, Dr Lanzer may recommend a general anaesthetic instead. Of course, the opposite could be true as well. Some patients are actually anxious about having general anaesthetic, which could mean a local anaesthetic is more suitable for them.
Why Do Patients Choose A Liposuction Procedure?
Excess fat deposits around the mid-section can be quite persistent. Despite regular exercise and a healthy diet, many patients still struggle shedding these excess fats. If the patient in question has tried to shed these excess fats with diet and exercise, but has been unsuccessful, a liposuction procedure to target those specific fats could be the next step. Of course, before you can acquire the procedure, you must make an appointment with an experienced cosmetic surgeon, who needs to evaluate you medically first. If you are deemed eligible, the surgeon will also discuss the problem you want to fix in more detail, so he can propose the advised treatment.
Prospective patients interested in liposuction can find numerous case studies displaying the procedures that were executed by Dr Lanzer. These case studies are not limited to female patients, since Dr Lanzer also specialises in liposuction procedure for men. When looking at the before-and-after photographs on the website, please consider that the results obtained from a liposuction procedure are different for every patient. Each patient is unique, so the results obtained from a surgical procedure will be as well. To discuss the results that can be expected from liposuction, please speak with your cosmetic surgeon during you initial or following consultations.
We are NOW online
Get Free Advice Rapidly
Surgical Warning: Every form of surgery has a possibility of a complication and these are given to you in detail by Dr Lanzer. It is a good idea to understand your surgical procedure well, and to obtain further advice from another Specialist Cosmetic surgeon such as a Dermatologist like Dr Lanzer.
All photographs represent one person's experience, and results may vary for each patient. All photographs are of actual patients of Dr Lanzer. The visible change in these photographs has occurred as a result of the procedure/s undertaken.
Some before and after photos shown are not exact, in that they vary in light, contrast, clothing, background, distance from camera, hairstyle and make-up.